Friday, June 10, 2011

Autoglass - Don't

Against my better judgement I recently got Autoglass to fix a small chip on the passenger side of my windscreen.

Nothing wrong with the service or the repair - in fact it was beyond reproach. What I couldn't work out is how this could be "free".

Now I know.

The adverts tell you it won't affect your no claim discount. What they don't tell you is that it counts as a claim on your insurance.

Mine went up by £200 as a result.

And I don't expect it will go down again any time soon.

So it is a scam.

Autoglass get x pounds from the Insurance company who then up your premium with no risk to themselves.

Don't do it.

By the way I have complained to the ASA, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

arronbond said...

This is wonderful sharing regarding the best auto glass software. But I was looking for the auto glass for my car. I want a symmetrical auto glass as my car is a old model. So I have tied a lot, but didn't get any glass yet.

==============
auto glass

Anonymous said...

Luckily we wasn't covered by our insurance to get the repairs, it cost us £63 (we had to go to them, if they come to you its £13 extra) What they don't tell you on the advert is that there is a 50/50 chance your windscreen will shatter and you have to sign to say you are prepared to cover the costs if this does happen which would have been £300 extra!